I've been living that agency life for the past six years, which means I cannot publicly claim my work as my own. However, as the account lead for Elanco and Chickasaw Country, as well as a team member on the Smithfield Foods, Bayer CropScience, IVCC, Visit North Carolina, Ask for PURPLE, Dairyland Seed, and Illinois Soybean Association accounts, I have quite the experience up my sleeve.
Below you'll find additional assets not listed on the portfolio section of this site in addition to references for current work on behalf of Rural Gone Urban.
Social Media Case Studies
Sure I'm an award winning social media manager, but what does that mean? It's more than writing resonating copy. It's about ensuring your customers are engaging with your brand and buying your product.
- Chickasaw Country Social Media Branding Campaign
- North Carolina Beer Month
- North Carolina Social Media
- Elanco: For more than a year, I served as the primary community manager for Elanco's Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn properties. I am unable to disclose any proprietary information; however, Leah Beyer, who served as my primary contact, is listed below as a reference.
Milk & Mimosas
In 2015, I strategized, planned, and executed Elanco's sponsorship and partnership with BlogHer Food in Chicago.
- 40 top-tier food bloggers joined our Milk & Mimosas VIP breakfast. It's important to note: there were more influencers on our waiting list than at our event.
- Our speaker, Laura Daniels, spoke on how although the farm looks vastly different than it did 100 years ago, the heart of the farmer is very much the same.
- To bring the farm to downtown Chicago, we live streamed three farmers directly into the conference room. Which means, 40 top-tier food bloggers asked hard-hitting questions to farmers who were in a calf pen in central Indiana, in a heifer paster in Alabama, and in a milking parlor in California.
- The two biggest wins:
- Dairy farmers became trusted resources for influencers with massive followings.
- Not a single negative tweet, post, or 'gram about Elanco was published to the world wide web.
- Solid recap from a dairy farmer/influencer.
- My great grandfather, Paul Canary, won Indiana State Dairyman of the Year in 1957.
- I won top honors in Dairy Cattle Evaluation at the Oklahoma State FFA Interscholastics and advanced to the national contest at National FFA Convention where I was a gold emblem recipient.
Masters of Agriculture in International Agriculture
Oklahoma State University
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Communications
Oklahoma State University
Connors State College
Assistant Director of College and Community Relations
Director of Digital and Social Media